The Christian academic character we seek to encourage at the University are developed best if built upon good experiences and established patterns achieved prior to one’s University experience through the following recommendations for success at KHEU.
1. Recommendations for Social Preparation
A. ACTIVE LOCAL CHURCH AFFILIATION
- Membership and consistent participation in leadership roles of a local congregation.
- The confidence and support of local and area church leaders.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
- Comprehension of a good work ethic and attitude of service.
- Habits of punctuality, reliability, performance, and accountability.
C. EXPOSURE TO CULTURAL DIVERSITY
- Familiarity with social skills for interpersonal relationships across gender, ethnic, and racial lines.
- Tolerance in attitude toward new ideas, customs, and experiences.
D. DEVELOPMENT OF THE PERSONAL QUALITIES OF POISE AND SELF-CONFIDENCE
- Ability to present yourself with confidence in speech and appearance.
- The art of listening well, appreciating other views, and expressing opinions cogently without coercion.
2. Recommendations for Academic Preparation
A. ESTABLISHMENT OF CONSISTENTLY GOOD STUDY HABITS
- Independent ability to discipline your time and efforts to academics.
- Skills in note-taking, reading, summarizing, and revising.
B. A STRONG EMPHASIS ON READING AND WRITING SKILLS
- Reading comprehension and written communication skills are essential for success in all University-level courses offered.
- Broad and consistent exposure to diverse literary works for rehearsal of English grammar and vocabulary is highly recommended.
- Logical and accurate grammatical expression should be mastered.
C. A SOLID FOUNDATION IN THE ARTS SUBJECTS
- Above average marks in the subjects of English, Kiswahili, History, Geography, CRE, Music, Art and Design, French, German, Economics, and any social science subjects, will assist in courses undertaken here.
- A basic knowledge of the content and message of the Bible.